Orders may be cancelled and wrongly ordered goods returned by informing us within 7 days of your order.
Goods supplied may not be returned without requesting a returns authorisation number which must be requested by post or email, detailing the order reference, date and which items need to be returned plus the reason for the return. Acceptance of returns is at the discretion of Meter Manager Ltd.
All items are guaranteed for 12 months from the date of dispatch, returns will not be accepted after that date.
The guarantee covers only the dispatch of replacement items to the customer and provision of credit for authorised returns, it does not cover any consequential loss or expense suffered by the customer.
Any replacements requested will be immediately invoiced and must be paid for at the normal price prior to any subsequent credit.
Authorised returns will be credited providing they are returned to Meter Manager Ltd at the customer’s expense, are tested and found to be faulty upon return or are in a new, packaged and saleable condition. Otherwise the goods will be returned to the customer and no credit will be issued.
On-Line and Mobile Phone Network Services
All services have a minimum contract period which will be stated when ordering, this usually 12 months but other periods may be specified. Once the service is ordered and the contract begins it runs for the stated period and cannot be cancelled.
Goods in stock are usually dispatched within 7 days, items out of stock may have a delivery time of 28 days or more. Next day delivery may be available upon request. Please contact us to confirm delivery.
Carriage is charged as an extra item and will be stated when making the purchase.
On-Line and Mobile Phone Network Services
When an item is added to the customer’s account on the MeterOnline website, the SIM card activation process begins and the SIM will usually be active within 7 days. At this point, remote meter readings can be taken providing that the equipment is working properly and a suitable mobile phone signal is present.
It is the responsibility of the installer to test and prove that communications are working during the installation process.
Transaction Currency and Export Restriction
All transactions are in GB Pounds. VAT will be added to all prices quoted.
All our goods and services are primarily designed for use in the UK, export orders will not be accepted except by special arrangement.
General Terms and Conditions
In addition to the polices shown above please refer to our general terms and conditions for goods and services which follow.
Our terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
Orders are accepted subject to the Conditions of Sale set out below.
1. GENERAL. The "Company" means Meter Manager Ltd. The "Contract" means the contract agreed between persons or a Company whose order is accepted by the Company. The "Customer" means the person placing the order in their own right or on behalf of a Company.
All quotations are written and all orders are accepted subject to the following terms and conditions. Variations and additions can only be accepted in writing.
2. PRICES. Prices exclude value added tax which will be added to each order at the current UK rate where applicable. Every effort will be made to adhere to prices published in £ Sterling but the Company reserves the right to change prices without notice at any time. Prices of imported goods may be subject to currency exchange fluctuations. Delivery charges will be at cost unless by prior agreement.
3. PAYMENT. Payment by invoice must be within 30 days of receipt of goods unless otherwise agreed previously.
4. ORDERS. The Company reserves the right to refuse to supply any person or Company. Catalogues, price lists and other advertising matter are an indication of the goods offered and no particulars therein shall be binding on the Company. Responsibility for ensuring that Goods are suitable for a particular application is the Customer's unless stated in writing. The customer must check the specific part number and specifications of equipment received and ensure it is fit for purpose before installing. To avoid duplication of verbal orders any confirmation by post, facsimile or e-mail must clearly indicate 'Confirmation only'. Cancellation or partial cancellation of orders for non standard, special build items can only be cancelled by prior negotiation and agreement to indemnify the Company against expense incurred.
5. SUB CONTRATORS. Where the company provides installation and testing services via sub contractors at cost, services may be provided directly by the sub contractors. In that case the sub contractor is the supplier of a service direct to the customer and is responsible for provision of that service and may invoice the customer directly for the amount quoted via the Company.
6. INSPECTION, SHORTAGES, DEFECTS. The goods or services supplied must be inspected on receipt and written notice of any defects or discrepancies given within 7 days. Risk or damage to or loss of Goods will pass to the Customer when signed for on receipt from the appointed Courier. Software supplied must be checked for computer viruses before use.
7. ON-LINE SERVICES TERM OF CONTRACT. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, on-line services are provided for a minimum period of twelve months, paid for in advance. Subscription to on-line services continue until the account is terminated either by the Company or after written notice is given by the customer one month prior to the renewal date. Renewal dates are always the 1st of the month, 12 months after month in which the contract commenced, regardless of the actual day the service began. The current version of the Meteronline End User License Agreement also applies and contains the full details related to online services
8. ON-LINE SERVICES PROVISION. Other than enabling SIM cards within 7 days and providing the “Meteronline” web portal at all times for the use of customers on a best endeavour basis, it is the responsibility of the equipment installer to test and verify the operation of equipment, which has remote reading capabilities, during the installation process. The current version of the Meteronline End User License Agreement contains also applies and contains the full details related to online services.
9. LIABILITY. The Company shall not be liable for any damage, loss or expense resulting from the failure to give advice or information or the giving of incorrect advice or information whether or not due to the negligence of the Company, its employees agents or subcontractors. These Conditions of Sale set out the entire liability of the Company to the Customer in respect of the Goods and shall be in lieu and to the exclusion of all other warranties, conditions, and other terms implied by statute or common law save for any implied terms which by law cannot be excluded. Nothing in these Conditions of Sale excludes or limits the liability of the Company for death or personal injury caused by the Company's negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation. The Company's total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation or otherwise shall be limited to repairing, replacing or at the Company's option refunding monies already paid in respect of the Goods. The Company shall not be liable to the Customer for any indirect or consequential loss or damage (whether for loss of profit, loss of business, depletion of goodwill or otherwise) costs, expenses or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (whether caused by the negligence of the Company, its employees, agents or subcontractors) which arise out of or in connection with any Contract.
10. GUARANTEE. The Company will transfer to the Customer the benefit of any warranty or guarantee given by the Manufacturer
11. COURIER DELIVERY. Provided the Customer can prove late or non-delivery beyond the control of the Company then the Customers account will be credited with the delivery cost.
12. DATA PROTECTION. The Company is registered with the Information Commissioners Office and handles data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) where appropriate. Customers and all business contacts must comply with the GDPR where this regulation is applicable to them.
13. LEGAL CONSTRUCTION. All contracts shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English Law.
14. FORCE MAJEURE. If the Company is prevented from adhering to the contract due to reasons beyond control of the Company then the Company may delay or cancel the contract and shall not be responsible for the delay or inability to deliver. Every effort will be made to complete the contract but the Company shall not be held responsible for delay or inability to deliver.
Meteronline services are provided via a customer online account. There is no charge for the account setup, the subscription is per meter and is charged as a single item including any associated mobile phone account charges. Accounts can support from one to an unlimited number of meters.
Meteronline services are provided in accordance with the current list of available services and tariffs as shown online. Examples are shown below but please refer to the details of the specific service to be purchased when selecting online.
MOL Monthly – One read per month
MOL Weekly – One read per week
MOL Daily – One read per day
MOL Daily+HH – Daily kWh total reads plus (day+1) half hourly kW data
The contract period is usually 12 months and a single payment is made in advance.
Meteronline services include the use of the Meteronline portal for meter management, data collection and analysis. Basic functionality includes spreadsheet views of all meter readings, automatic export of meter data, automatic alerts plus readings on request. The portal also offers other features.
When meters are added to the customer’s account, activation of the associated SIM card begins, this is usually completed within 7 days at which point remote readings may be taken.
Note that it is the responsibility of the meter installer to ensure that the remote communications are tested and working while on site.
While continuously in operation since 2005 the Meteronline policy remains to develop, and improve the service in accordance with the general requirements of the subscribers.
Meter Manager Software (MeterOnline) – End User Licence Agreement
IMPORTANT-READ CAREFULLY: This End User License Agreement (this 'EULA') contains the terms and conditions regarding your use of the SOFTWARE (as defined below). This EULA contains material limitations to your rights in that regard. You should read this EULA carefully and treat it as valuable property.
A THIS EULA
1. Software Covered by this EULA. This EULA governs your use of the Meter Manager Limited ('METER MANAGER') product(s) used online, enclosed or otherwise accompanied herewith (individually and collectively, the 'SOFTWARE'). The term 'SOFTWARE' includes to the extent provided by METER MANAGER: (a) any revisions updates and/or upgrades thereto; (b) any data, images or executable files, databases, data engines, computer software, or similar items customarily used or distributed with computer software products; (c) anything in any form whatsoever intended to be used with or in conjunction with the SOFTWARE; and (d) any associated media, documentation (including physical, electronic and on-line) and printed materials (the 'Documentation').
2. This EULA is a Legally Binding Agreement Between You and METER MANAGER. If you are acting as an agent of a company or other legal person, such as an officer or other employee acting for your employer, then 'you' and 'your' mean your principal, the entity or other legal person for whom you are acting. However, importantly, even if you are acting as an agent for another, you may still be personally liable for violation of laws such as copyright infringement.
This EULA is a legally binding agreement between you and METER MANAGER. You intend to be legally bound to this EULA to the same extent as if METER MANAGER and you physically signed this EULA. By installing, copying, or otherwise using the SOFTWARE, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained in this EULA. If you do not agree to all of the terms and conditions contained in this EULA, you may not install or use the SOFTWARE and if, for whatever reason, installation has begun or has been completed on your behalf, you should un-install the SOFTWARE.
B INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
1. Copyright. You agree that all right, title, and interest in and to the SOFTWARE (including, but not limited to, any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text, and 'applets' incorporated into the SOFTWARE), and any copies of the SOFTWARE, and any copyrights and other intellectual property therein or related are owned exclusively by METER MANAGER except to the limited extent that METER MANAGER may be the rightful license holder of certain third-party technologies incorporated into the SOFTWARE. The SOFTWARE is protected by copyright laws and intellectual treaty provisions. The SOFTWARE is licensed to you, and not sold to you. METER MANAGER reserves all rights not otherwise expressly and specifically granted to you in this EULA.
2. Limitations on reverse engineering, decompilation, and disassembly. You may not alter, assign, modify, create derivative works, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the SOFTWARE.
3. Termination. Without prejudice to any other rights it may have, METER MANAGER may terminate this EULA and the Licenses if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions contained herein. In such an event, you must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE and all of its component parts including all media and documentation.
C LIMITED LIABILITIES
1. Liabilities. In no event shall METER MANAGER be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profit, business interruption, loss of business information, loss of contracts, or for any financial or economic loss or for any damages or losses, special, direct, indirect or consequential loss or damages whatsoever) arising out of the use or inability to use the SOFTWARE, even if METER MANAGER has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
2. Use of SOFTWARE. The data available through this SOFTWARE does not constitute advice or the making of any recommendation and the content or output of this SOFTWARE should not be relied upon as the basis for any decision or action. We exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law any and all liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising as a result of access to and use of the SOFTWARE, reliance on the content contained on them or as a result of the SOFTWARE being unavailable.
3. Use of Data. The use of information obtained from the SOFTWARE is at your sole discretion and risk.
D HOSTED SERVICES
1. Virus Prevention. We take reasonable precautions to prevent viruses and malicious code in this service, but you are responsible for ensuring that anything downloaded from this service is suitable for use and is free from viruses and malicious code. We exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law and all liability that may arise in connection with or as a result of any failure to do so.
2. Access by You. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary to have access to this service.
3. Termination. We have the right to terminate your use of this service at any time if you are in breach of this EULA. You shall provide written notice of termination one month prior to the end of any subscription period. Upon termination any sim card used in the provision of the terminated service may no longer be used.
4. System Availability. We shall not be liable for any breach of this EULA or any failure to provide or delay in providing access to the service resulting from any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lockouts and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access or other technical equipment including hardware, software, fire, explosion or accident.
1. This is the Entire Agreement. This EULA (including any addendum or amendment to this EULA included with the SOFTWARE) is the final, complete and exclusive statement of the entire agreement between you and METER MANAGER. This EULA supersedes any prior and contemporaneous proposals, purchase orders, advertisements, and all other communications in relation to the subject matter of this EULA, whether oral or written. No terms or conditions, other than those contained in this EULA, and no other understanding or agreement which in any way modifies these terms and conditions, shall be binding upon the parties unless entered into in writing.
2. Right to Change EULA. We reserve the right to change any part of this service or the EULA at any time without notice.
3. You Indemnify METER MANAGER. You agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend METER MANAGER and its suppliers and resellers from and against any and all claims or lawsuits, including legal fees, that arise or result from this EULA.
4. Interpretation of this EULA. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of this EULA, or any portion thereof, to be unenforceable, that provision of this EULA will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of the parties, and the remainder of this EULA will continue in full force and effect. Formative of defined terms shall have the same meaning of the defined term. Failure by either party to enforce any provision of this EULA will not be deemed a waiver of future enforcement of that or any other provision. This EULA is governed by the laws of England. The parties consent to the personal jurisdiction and venue of England, and agree that any legal proceeding arising out of the EULA shall be conducted in England.